Friday, June 17, 2011

Rain Run

This week has been great for my workouts.  Went for a run, of course, on Monday for 4 miles, biked a lot throughout the week to work, and even made it to the pool a couple of times for some laps and chasing the boy I babysit for.

Today had to be the best day of my workout week, though.  I was doing my usual two mile run to the nearby mall.  I walked a couple of laps around the mall, like I do.  But, after my quick stretch before running home, the skies opened up and dumped a lovely rainstorm on me all the way back!  It cold and beautiful.  It felt so great after being hot and sweaty.

Moments like those make being alive and healthy that much more important to me.  It gave me such a boost of energy; made me smile and become extremely content with where I am in my life.  Times are tough, money is tight, but I'm here and I'm living for the present.

I am going dancing tonight with some co-workers to kick of Gay Pride Weekend!  Dancing = My favorite workout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment